We need to exfoliate our skin and body, without exfoliation our skin will accumulate dead skin cells, dirt and sebum in the pores. Accumulation will cause breakouts, skin irritation, acne, uneven pigments and more. Exfoliation also helps the skin absorb moisture and beauty products.
Here are the best exfoliating tips for the face and body.
Tools For Exfoliation:
- You can use loofahs or washcloth as an exfoliant.
- Dry brushing works great for exfoliating dry patches on the skin.
DIY Home Body Scrub
- Create your own homemade body scrub with things you can find in your kitchen.
- Pick your choice of natural oil (olive oil, coconut oil, etc.)
- Add your natural scrub (Sugar, Coffee grounds, Sea Salt)
- Mix the two ingredients, equal portions.
- Apply on the skin and massage in a circular motion. Massage areas with the most dry or patchy skin first.
- You can use your dry brush to remove dry skin.
- Rinse off the scrub with lukewarm water and apply salicylic acid body wash.
- Apply the body wash in areas prone to acne and breakouts.
Exfoliating the Face
- The face needs to be exfoliated twice a week to remove dead skin cells from blocking the pores.
- Foundation last longer when you exfoliate your skin.
- The skin regenerates during the night; the perfect time to exfoliate is in the morning.
- Save time by pouring equal amounts of cleanser and scrub on the hand. Instant facial cleanser and exfoliator.
- Use a washcloth to remove dead skin cells.
Acids and Retinoids
Use microdermabrasion products or peels for a deeper exfoliation.
Don’t Forget to Exfoliate:
- The lips tend to be over looked when it comes to exfoliating. Use a lip scrub or toothbrush to exfoliate the skin.
- Exfoliate the elbow to lessen roughness and darkness. Don’t forget to exfoliate the knees too.
- Exfoliate the feet to remove cracked heels.
Exfoliating is great for the skin, but over exfoliating can cause damage and irritation. Exfoliate your face 2 a week and exfoliate your body 3 times a week, if you have oily skin exfoliate more often.